Thursday, March 7, 2019

Quick Hit Artist Interview: Miranda Glory

Miranda Glory at The Satellite
Interview with the artist. Enjoy:

What's the story behind when you knew you wanted to be a musician? I think it was a gradual realization for me. I went to a performing arts high school in NY where I was studying acting. After the first year there I knew that I didn't love acting the way I loved music, so I spent all of my time outside of school writing songs, performing, going to open mics and taking lessons. When it came time to decide what to do after high school, I knew for sure I wanted to pursue music and I had my mind set on Berklee College of Music which was the only place I applied to. Luckily, I got in! (lol)

Is there a specific decision you have made (good or bad) that you feel other bands/artists can learn from? My decision to study music for 4 years was awesome for me and I'm so glad that I did it. I don't think it's the right thing for every artist but I do think developing yourself in some capacity is extremely important. A lot of artists jump the gun and don't spend enough time working on their craft before they start releasing music and end up regretting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment