Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Haunted Summer (The Hi Hat) and Alaska Reid (Bootleg Theater)

I don't normally jump from one venue to the next. In fact, whenever I do think about going to two shows on the same night, I often find myself just heading home after the first show.

Yet for Haunted Summer and Alaska Reid I did make a drive to different venues on the same night. I hadn't seen either for a few months. The last time I saw Haunted Summer was back in June 2018. And I hadn't caught Alaska Reid since October 2017.

The night started off at The Hi Hat to catch Haunted Summer. They're heading over to Italy to play some shows and they wanted to do a test run of their acoustic set. Though acoustic, it was as dream inducing as their full sound version. And by dream inducing, I don't mean a nightmare type dream, but a wonderfully pleasant dream.

Haunted Summer

After their set, it was off to the Bootleg Theater to see Alaska Reid. This was my first time seeing her performing under her name. The previous times were always under the band name Alyeska. I think there's just something catchy about her soft-spoken vocals and carefully crafted guitar chords. And even though, from what I could tell, it wasn't the most highly promoted event; there was a solid crowd out to catch her set. People stood close to the stage instead of relaxing 5 feet back. There is definitely something about her and her music that resonates with people.

Alaska Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment