Monday, March 11, 2019

Quick Hit Artist Interview: Kate Faust

Kate Faust at The Satellite
Interview with the artist. Enjoy:

When did you know you wanted to be a musician? I have always been a writer. I was making up songs since I can remember, but I think it really solidified when I was about 14 or 15.

Other than Los Angeles, where could you see yourself living/playing music and why? I'm not sure! I'm from Pennsylvania and my family lives there, but I don't think I could ever live where there is winter again. Perhaps somewhere else in California? I'm so in love with Los Angeles and I know this is where I need to be. I'll be happily led to whatever is next when the time is right.

Own Q&A: My favorite question is: "how's your heart?" And to answer that, I would say that my heart is bursting with love and gratitude at the moment. I feel a deep sense of joy and satisfaction when people are affected by the work that I do. I had two really different, really beautiful shows this week and I just published my first essay. Folks have responded with such openness and tenderness, it really is the best thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment