Sunday, January 20, 2019

The Satellite: Ariel Beesley with Moderns and Xuan (Softer Sex Productions)

It was a night of some great music and fun moments. Ariel Beesley highlighted the night with her re-invented 80's pop centered hooks. And though I'm not a fan of smoking cigarettes, I just can't get enough of her song "Slower Than Usual." It should be noted that she has great comfort on stage. One moment that highlights this is when she was in the middle of one of her songs. There was a short vocal break and she looked into the audience and said, "I'm so happy seeing you all dance out there." Then she started back with her vocals without missing a beat.

Moment of the set was actually when she nearly tripped and she responded, "I'm so clumsy, I almost tripped on myself."

And the comment of her set was her heartfelt appreciation, "It's so fun seeing so many people singing along. It makes my heart hurt." 

Ariel Beesley
Xuan opened up the night, playing half her set with angel wings. And most of her set was spent dancing and jumping around the stage. Even with all that energy, there was a light touch to her music. This dynamic made for a very fun set. She must have noticed that we were loving her set, because she said in response to the audience, "I can't cry, because I have fake lashes on, but it's happening."

Comment of the set was when she mentioned that she had CDs for sale. "Do laptops still have CD players?" She turned to her drummer who said he had one. "Your's does? Throw it away."

Xuan
Moderns played right after Xuan. They're a techno band with a lead singer, Rosie, who is unable to restrain her cheerfulness. I had fun watching her trying to be serious during a couple songs. By the end of those songs she had given up and had a big smile on her face.

And by the way, I happened to notice that Rosie has a rather interesting Instagram site where she posts her trolling of scammers and creeps that come her way. Take a look. It is some interesting

Moderns
A big thanks to Softer Sex Productions for putting together a great line-up.




No comments:

Post a Comment