Wednesday, January 2, 2019

The Hi Hat: Purple Bite Holiday Party

Whenever I run into Purple Bite PR around various music venues in Los Angeles, it is usually because they represent many of the top music talents around town and their bands/artists are playing sets. Many of their clients did residencies across Los Angles in 2018 and prior years. Lauren Ruth Ward and Jesse Jo Stark are perhaps the biggest names on their client list to have residencies. But other residencies were put on by Magic Bronson, Saigo, and October's Child. And I'm probably over-looking others.

Lauren Ruth Ward

On a recent Saturday night, they put on a free holiday show showcasing their talent at The Hi Hat.

Rainsford
The biggest musician of the night was, of course, Lauren Ruth Ward. I previously mentioned that Lauren Ruth Ward is the most supportive local musician in Los Angeles. One can't help but love the growing success she is having. One can only hope her success continues to grow in 2019. She gave the audience a stripped down set with just her and one other. The acoustic set just let her vocals float across an adoring crowd.

Rainsford definitely had her fans, as well. And just a few cameras were out and about. If I'm not mistaken, she was the only one who did a Christmas cover. She mentioned that she thought it was a holiday party so she had prepared a cover of White Christmas. Well, it was a holiday party and the cover was perfect -- especially since is was cold (Los Angeles version) that night.

Kera and the Lebians
Kera and the Lesbians is someone I've seen on occasion. (She might just go by Kera now, not totally sure on that.) I still remember the first time I saw her at the Bootleg Theater. Her set that night left me misty eyed. She only did a two song set on this particular night, but it still highlighted the emotional impact of her music.

Loyal Lobos

Loyal Lobos was a wonderful surprise. I swear she has lovely hints of Enya. And bringing up Enya, I still remember the first time I heard the Watermark album. I will remember the first time hearing Loyal Lobos.

Also, playing sets were CrowOddnesseO Future and Glory Daze. O Future definitely has one unique sound -- perhaps I'd describe it as Silicon Valley infused music. Oddnesse had a beautiful singer-songwriter vibe. Crow gave a stripped down version of her more artsy set that I remember from when I saw her at Broke LA. I only caught a song or two of Glory Daze. Hey, it was college football playoffs night.

Oddnesse
It has to mentioned that this was a night where a lot of the Los Angeles influences and musicians hung out to celebrate the success of Purple Bite PR.

O Future

No comments:

Post a Comment