Sunday, December 23, 2018

The Hi Hat: Bizou, Absurdist Fiction, Crook

I circled this night on the calendar when I saw that Bizou was playing. I've wanted to catch this band since they first hit the scene. The driving force was their drummer, Erin, who I follow on Instagram. When I saw them hit the stage, I realized that I actually recognized many of the band members. I was later told that the members of the band have played in various local bands such as Tennis System (Erin), Light FM (Josiah/Nicki), Smashing Pumpkins (Nicole - okay maybe not local, but she's played in other local bands that I've seen though can't recall the band names off the bat), Wax Idols (Marisa). As would be expected of a band with so much local music experience, they put on a top notch set. I only wish the lights weren't so bad for their drummer, Erin.

Bizou
Opening up was Crook, who gave a very personal set. He opened up the night so the audience was smaller when compared to the rest of the night, but those who were there made it feel very close knit. Most of the audience took a seat on the floor of The Hi Hat. As if to emphasize the fact that this was a group of close friends, there was also a text message that was sent to Crook towards the end of his set that he took the time to speed read through.

Crook
Also playing was Absurdist Fiction.

Absurdist Fiction

No comments:

Post a Comment