Thursday, December 13, 2018

Quick Hit Artist Interview: Rocco Deluca

Rocco Deluca at Zebulon
Interview with the artist. Enjoy:

I believe the first time I saw you was in 2009 at Spaceland. How has your music changed over the years? It seems to me that this music that I play is always sifting for a more direct and simple approach. As I get older, I am more able to quickly articulate my sentiments through music. I've been enjoying playing my baritone lap steel guitar that my friend Pavel Maslowiec built for me. The instrument allows for me to be dynamic with very little, and I'm enjoying the experimentation that I've been afforded in recent years. An example of this experimentation can be found on “Goodbye To Language” with Lanois. I am always searching for the pure tone, and that is ever-changing.

How has the Los Angeles music scene changed over the years – from your perspective? The nice element to the LA music scene is that it is wide open: meaning all things can be tried. It has always felt like anything could happen in Los Angeles on any given night. This music scene must be discovered. One has to search for something new and authentic in LA. When you are confronted with so much information it is hard sometimes to see past these bright lights, but possible. The only significant change I see, is that more people are moving here from around the world, I'm seeing more variety than ever before.

No comments:

Post a Comment