Thursday, December 27, 2018

Quick Hit Artist Interview: Emma Cole

Emma Cole
Interview with the artist. Enjoy:

What's the story behind when you knew you wanted to become a singer? My mother says I started singing the same time I started talking, but I remember discovering my own voice in a real way around 10/11yrs old when I recorded myself singing ‘Stupid Girl’ by Garbage on our Fisher Price tape recorder.

How do you believe you have progressed over time as an artist? We as humans are constantly evolving. I embrace my evolution as a human and I welcome it in my art. I used to let outside circumstances effect the progression of my art. For example, how many live shows I was playing. I was trapped inside of my own fear. I was afraid of how I would figure out how to pay my band, how could I possibly make these shows happen? I realized that there is freedom in saying yes and figuring it out. The more I trust in the opportunities coming my way, the more I progress as a human and an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment