Thursday, July 27, 2017

Quick Hit Artist Interview: Their Only Dreams

Their Only Dreams at The Echo (LA)
Q&A time with the artist. Hope you enjoy:


How would you describe your sound? Multidimensional entity approved synth machine core.

Is there a story behind when you knew you wanted to become a musician/singer? It's probably a really common story for people that really love creating music in any form. I've been musical my whole life, but when I decided, "oh this is who I am, I'm an artist and I like to express myself completely with an evolving art form of my own design that incorporates the history of world music, rock and roll, pop music, electronic music, jazz and sub rock genres of psychedelic nature;” all happened at once really . . . One summer, after my first year of college, my parents went on vacation and I was working delivering pizza. I found the dude that sold mushrooms and I bought a bunch. I also went to the bank and took out all my bar mitzvah money which was enough to buy all the vital records (compact discs) I was wanting for inspiration and an electric guitar and amplifier. So, it was a nice combination of stuff to create a Big Bang of creative inspiration that feels even more inspired now than it did all those years ago. The Legend of Their Only Dreams is spreading far and wide!

No comments:

Post a Comment