Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Quick Hit Artist Interview: Emily Elbert

Emily Elbert at The Satellite
Q&A time with the artist. Hope you enjoy:

How would you describe your sound? The easiest way to describe my sound is probably soul-folk. My biggest inspirations include Stevie Wonder, Jimi Hendrix, and Joni Mitchell, and a lot of their contemporaries - I draw a lot from classic writers of the 60s and 70s. Stripped-down, thoughtful, but also a lil funky.

What inspires you to write your sounds? I’m inspired by the whole human experience - love, fear, introspection, connection - searching for what’s beyond. I really appreciate being in California because it provides the opportunity to get deep into nature, and that feels so healthy for the creative process. Meditation, movement, and being outside help put things in perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment