Tuesday, October 5, 2021

New Music Alert: Mating Ritual's "Tell Me You Don't Love Me"

My introduction to Mating Ritual dates back to 2016. The band not only makes great music, but you often see them out and about supporting other bands (pre-COVID-19, of course). I'd see them at Madame Siam, Hot Shot Muffler and other venues. It is great seeing musicians supporting their friends. 

The band is out with a song called "Tell Me You Don't Love Me." The song is just dripping with sensuality and painful memories. The video features a female dancer, she seduces the camera throughout, but that is just the lingering joyful memories that are drifting away.

The band has this on their Instagram page: I normally make a little quip about the song, but this one is super emotional and honest, so I'll just let it do the talking.

Lyrics: Tell me you don't love me / Tell me you're cool with this / Tell that you're better off than before / Because right now I don't remember what went wrong.

Photo taken at Chinatown Summer Nights


No comments:

Post a Comment