Monday, September 27, 2021

Silverlake Lounge: Mazie, Your Favorite Color, Jagged Baptist Club

I wasn't planning on going out on Wednesday night, but then I noticed that Mazie was playing The Silverlake Lounge. Now I'd never heard of Mazie before, but it seemed like it would be a unique set. Was I ever correct. It really was like watching live animation. What I mean by animation is a cartoon character jumping from the screen and right onto the stage. Just the way she dresses in very colorful fashion and the silver chain that she had in her hair. Her music also just had that kid cartoon feel to it (now I don't watch kid cartoons so I'm just imaging how those cartoons are). A very enjoyable set.

Mazie

Up next was Your Favorite Color. I swear I just couldn't get it out of my head: the lead singer reminds me of a young Jared Leto from his "My So Called Life" days. I think the band is still a work in process. I say that, because they rounded out their set with two cover songs. But this band really rocked me with crisp and slightly stretched vocals that played well against driving beats.

Your Favorite Color

Jagged Baptist Club concluded their fourth residency night. This band knows how to entertain and expects the adulation for doing so. At the end of the set, they shouted out some thanks. They even shouted out thanks to an individual who requested to be thanked. 

Jagged Baptist Club

No comments:

Post a Comment