Monday, September 13, 2021

Five Straight Nights of Music (Actually Six)

It was a wild five straight nights of music -- though I do believe I made it home by 11 p.m. (or within reason) for all those nights. It started on Monday when I went to The Mint to catch Ariel Beesley and Archer Valentine. Ariel Beesley is a long time favorite who puts on a great show that includes wonderful punk pop melodies along with a stage show that mesmerizes with multiple high kicks, hair flings and general enthusiasm. Archer Valentine opened the night with sexual appeal that had the gals at the front of stage. This was my first time at The Mint since mid-2019. And well, since that mid-2019 night there had also been a long gap in between visits at that time, as well. The Mint is a bit far and out of the way from where I live when you consider all the other venues that are so much closer, but I generally always enjoy my time at this venue.

Ariel Beesley

Tuesday night was going to be a rest night, but then I noticed that Earth is a Death Star was playing at Little Joy. I've been wanting to catch this band for a couple years now. Their garage rock sound shook the floor. They weren't the only band I caught. I arrived at Little Joy just in time to catch a few songs from Boy Have Heart. His friends were there is force. One Outta Ten came up next with a party animal style that is catchy. You can tell they just love playing music.

Earth is a Death Star

Wednesday was spent at The Silverlake Lounge where Jagged Baptist Club was on their second residency night. I've seen this band 3 times in less than 2 weeks so I'm not sure how much more I can add about this band's music. Opening up for the band was Friendly Bear and Reckling. I saw Reckling for the first time when they were playing with Feels at the Resident back in late 2019. Their music is all about speed. I noticed that the lead singer recently got engaged; congrats are due to her.

Reckling

My Thursday night was featured on Buzzbands. It states that I did the reporting on the opening night of live music at The Goldfish. That's a bit generous. I provided some details, but Kevin Bronson did the write-up. Always You and Double Wish will forever be wonderfully known as the first bands to play the new venue that replaces The Hi Hat.

Always You

I decided to put the pedal to the floor and head out Friday night to catch Talk Time and Polartropica at an undisclosed location in Lincoln Heights. Was it really in Lincoln Heights? If it was, it was on the edge of Lincoln Heights on the east end. Either way, it was a night under the stars. Polartropica put on an extravagant set that she is well known for doing. Talk Time just rocked us.

Polartropica

There was a sixth night out -- Saturday night. That night is also being featured on Buzzbands.

No comments:

Post a Comment