Friday, November 23, 2018

School Night: WILD and Didirri

I was scrolling through my e-mail and noticed that WILD was playing School Night. I hit RSVP. I love WILD, but Didirri was a big surprise. He opened up the night. He walked on stage with just his guitar. And then came the most down to earth set I've seen in awhile. His vocals and style just caused the crowd to listen with their full attention. Usually, when music is of the Hotel Cafe style, you can hear folks talking in the background. For his set, he held the attention of everyone.

He also told some fun stories.

One example came from his time in London. He was at a convenience store, waiting behind a 75 year-old who kept on asking the clerk where he could buy weed. Didirri, meanwhile, was just wanting to pay for an avocado. The 75 year-old wasn't getting any answers so he turned around and said, "I'll just ask this lady." Didirri replied, "I'm a dude." The 75 year old then responded back after hearing the accent, "You're from Australia? I'm from New Zealand. F-uck off."

Didirri
WILD came up next. This is my 3rd time catching this band. The first time I saw them was in September at Tarfest. So yes, I've caught a set about once a month since that time. I just love how their vocals and music just seamlessly blend together. Currently, I appear to be one of the few photographers in Los Angeles that catches this band on a regular basis. I expect that to change at some point. 

WILD


No comments:

Post a Comment