Thursday, November 1, 2018

Quick Hit Artist Interview: Edgard

Edgard at the Silverlake Lounge

Interview with the artist. Enjoy:

How would you describe your sound? I believe my sound represents truthfully who I am. I blend all my major influences of blues, rock and prog into my own fusion. Improvisation is my greatest joy. When I'm playing, I deliver myself in the moment. I grew up with deep roots in blues and rock, having Jimi Hendrix as my biggest influence. Sincerely, music to me is a spiritual experience and that feeling comes out in my sound.

I read you grew up in Brazil. Do you have any interesting thoughts on the Brazilian music scene? Yes, I'm originally from Rio de Janeiro! We currently have some amazing independent production companies like Abraxas making cool events and festivals with new creative bands. Also, blues has become more and more deeply appreciated in Brazil. If live music is your thing, you should definitely explore and look into São Paulo's night life.

Own Q&A: Who are your major influences at the moment? Nowadays who inspire me the most are Derek Trucks, Eric Gales, Eric Johnson and Mark Lettieri, just to name a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment