Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Quick Hit Band Interview: The Honeysticks

The Honeysticks at the Teragram Ballroom

Interview with the band. Enjoy:

What's the story behind how your band started? I had been working on putting a tour together for my debut LP in mid 2015, Montgomery Ricky, and The Honeysticks started out as the touring band. I realized pretty early on that I felt much more excited about the opportunity to make a new band entirely and we went that route. I met our bassist in kindergarten, our guitarist on Vine (we were both viners at one point), and our drummer on Craigslist.

I noticed a number of individuals singing along to your songs. Do you find greater enjoyment writing a great song or performing a great song? Why the choice? I grew up wanting to write books, so I suppose writing is really where I feel the most confident. I also unapologetically love pop music, so I feel like that’s why folks wanna sing along.

Own Q&A. I’ve heard a lot about The Honeysticks Patreon . . . expand on that? Of course. We’ve got a service we’re developing with Patreon’s help where folks can watch us post early stage demos, stream, blog posts and so much more for free as part of a paid subscription. We give free stuff to our patrons all the time and they run a mobile forum with us. It’s all very exciting and new. Join the Patreon, folks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment