Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Quick Hit Artist Interview: Chris del Rosario

Chris del Rosario at Junior High
Interview with the artist. Enjoy:

How would you describe your sound? I'm an indie singer-songwriter, so acoustic guitar and vocals are the core of my sound and artistry. Because I've experimented outside of those two instruments, it pulls my sound in different directions and makes it harder for me to label. I want to say alternative / indie-folk is a close description - I'm inspired by the works of Radiohead, Fleet Foxes, Andrew Bird, and many other similar acts.

Other than Los Angeles, where could you see yourself living/playing music and why? I've been hearing a lot of good things about Portland. A friend of mine told me my work would be a good fit over there, and that I'd get along well with other people in the music community. Probably because I'm a little weird, and apparently in Portland there are tons of weirdos who admire the same stuff I do. I'll have to find out for myself one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment