Saturday, August 25, 2018

Echo Park Rising: Saturday/Sunday 2018

Egret on Ergot
I got to shoot for Buzzbands for the second year straight at Echo Park Rising. I was recovering from a cold so wasn't 100%, but I still had a lot of fun doing it. If you'd like to see a ton of photos that I took as well as read a couple brief write-ups, click on the two links below.

Buzzbands (Day 3)

Buzzbands (Day 4)



Here's the band/artist list that I saw:

Saturday:

IAMCHELSEAIAM
Canto
Beach Cities
Foxes and Lions
Lucy and LaMer
Hydro Kitten
Sara Dee
Hawk Percival and Friends
Vava
Smoke Season
Carly and the Universe
Manhattan Murder Mystery
Michelle Young and the Collection
Pink $ock/
Bart Davenport and the Bedazzled
Spare Parts for Broken Hearts
Apoolo Bebop
Livingmore
Rachel Goodrich
Gypsum
Young Creatures
Mod Pods
Harley Cortez
Katzu Oso
Sikemor
Potty Mouth
The Millennial Club

Sunday:

Elizabeth Woolf
Love Fuck City
Sonoda
Young Lovers
Olivia Morreale
Nathan Owen
Dead Dawn
Polartropica
Lily Kershaw
Pipe Dreams
Anahita Skye
Goon
Jerry and the Rest
Young Jesus
LIA
Disco Shrine
Ramonda Hammer
Brenda Carsey
Pair of Arrows
Sam Marine
Sam Valdez
GospelbeacH
Egret on Ergot

Some random notes that you won't find on Buzzbands:

A. Egrets on Ergot t-shirt: Fuck Sexual Predators.

B. I got caught up in an Egrets on Ergot's mosh pit and the person who did the most damage to my back was another photographer who did more body slamming than photography.

C. I got asked by one person over the weekend for my Instagram handle. I told him: @notesfromvivace. Which he then responded, "Oh, you're that guy." Not sure if that was a compliment or an insult.

D. Annabelle Maginnis of MetronOhm gets the award for being the most support musician to the musicians. She was everywhere.

E. Some bands I saw just randomly like Pink $ock. Why was Pink $ock random? First, I saw The Paranoyds heading inside. Then I saw a group jump out of an Uber and run into the venue. I figured I'd better check the band out.

F. I walked to the BlueCollar venue 3 times to see if Rachel Goodrich was playing. The venue was behind schedule by a good 30 minutes and I had other bands/artists to shoot. That shows how much I wanted to shoot Rachel Goodrich for Buzzbands. Great photographer Michelle Shiers was doing her thing, as well, when I finally got to catch Rachel Goodrich on the third try.




No comments:

Post a Comment