Monday, July 2, 2018

Echoplex: Cat Scan with Shark Toys and D.A. Stern

I wish I had seen Cat Scan twice, but it just didn't work out. I did get to see them for their final residency night and that will have to do for now. This band will just rock you with their garage punk sounds. I love how the band switches vocals between two of the band members. It helps switch up the sound. In the back of my mind, I was thinking, "I'd love to see Cat Scan playing with The Paranoyds and Potty Mouth." That would be one fun night. Especially since each has a band member who likes to put on a stage show with wild moves. 

Cat Scan
Opening up for Cat Scan was Shark Toys and D. A. Stern.

Shark Toys played similar to Cat Scan's punk sounds. In fact, one members in the audience attempted to start up a mosh pit, but failed. If only, the night was all-ages. They were speeding up their music to the point where I thought for sure a stage fire would start.

Shark Toys
D. A. Stern started the night with some calmer sounds. The keyboardist added a nice twist to the band.
D. A. Stern

No comments:

Post a Comment