Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Pipe Dreams and Santa Barbara at Harvard & Stone

I first saw Pipe Dreams at Echo Park Rising. I'd first heard of them way earlier via Jana Jordan. Jana was one of my first Instagram followers. They put on a fun set at Echo Park Rising. Ever since that time, I've wanted to catch them again. Well, I noticed that they were playing with the residency band, Santa Barbara, at Harvard and Stone. I decided to head out even though I learned that Pipe Dreams was playing the midnight slot, which is past my normal bedtime.

Pipe Dreams
Anyways, first up for me was Santa Barbara. This band started things out a bit mellow. I was like, "Okay, this is going to be a kick back set." And then their last song hit and the band tossed all the mellow to the side and went on the wild side. Awesome. Pipe Dreams closed it up, playing some Lo-Fi sounds. I couldn't help but love how bassist Jayme played with a smile on her face along with an almost I-don't-care attitude style on bass.

Santa Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment