Friday, October 30, 2020

Quarantine Online Sets: Version 58

Okay, so this wasn't a quarantine online set for me. I got to see Mars Rodriguez perform live. But for those who missed the set and would like to catch it online, you can see it on The Satellite's Instagram page. I first came across Mars back in 2019 when I got a random invite to catch a set at Hotel Café. She is a one person powerhouse and so listening to her at the Hotel Cafe or in The Satellite's backyard were very similar experiences -- though her The Satellite set was restricted to just a guitar. With a couple stars under her eyes and a great big smile, she rocked through her 6 song set with songs such as "Despertar" and "Black Summer." What made for the perfect setting for me is how the set started out under the waning sunlight and by the time the set ended it was night. If you happen to decide to catch the online set, that clicking sound you hear is my camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment