Monday, October 12, 2020

Coronavirus Diary: October 12

The Dreams Diary. I must really be missing live music. I recently had two dreams that featured local Los Angeles musicians -- I'll leave out who the musicians were. 

Dream 1. This was just a brief encounter with a local musician. I was in a coffee shop, making my order. As I was waiting for my order to arrive, I turned around and saw a musician having a cameo role in "The Office." For some reason I knew it was "The Office." I wasn't watching this musician on a television set. And it wasn't being filmed by a camera crew. It was two individuals at a table in the coffee shop, having a conversation. So it was like a live situation in my dream and yet really was an episode of "The Office." And yet even though I could have gone over and interrupted the conversation to say hi, I knew that I wasn't doing a cameo in the comedy series myself. Seemed like there were two parallel universes or something like that.

Dream 2. I was moving out of an apartment. It was the end of college life. Everything was getting moved from the apartment into a U-Haul truck. Where was I going? My parents apparently had a vacation house and I was moving all my stuff there while I figured out what to do with my life. Driving the U-Haul was Musician A. Someone was in the middle seat. And I was in the passenger seat. So there were three of us. Just as we were about to leave the apartment drive way, crossing in front of the truck was Musician B. I asked Musician A to stop and I jumped out and ran over to Musician B. I said something like, "I just wanted to say good-bye. I doubt we'll ever see each other again." 

Dream 2 was really depressing. Was my dream telling me that the Los Angeles music scene is dead and gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment