Thursday, November 7, 2019

Quick Hit Artist Interview: Mobley

Mobley at The Echo
Interview with the artist. Enjoy:

When did you know you wanted to be a singer/musician? I think I probably knew when I was 4 or 5. I didn’t really admit it to myself or anyone else until much later when my hobby became an obsession I could no longer hide.

So you spent your set jumping from one instrument to another. How did you go about working all those instruments into your music/sets as a solo artist? It happened pretty organically. I’ve always played lots of instruments on recordings, but I used to perform with a band. As the band shrunk down from a trio to a duo to just me, I kept picking up more of the playing.

Own Q&A: I’d turn it around . . . what inspired *you* to take up this project? Not too many people ask why I started the #quickhitbandinterviews project. There are always plenty of reasons for starting any project, but let me just narrow this to one reason: uniqueness (and if someone ever asks me this question again, I’ll probably focus on another reason). When I started up my Instagram account, I looked around at what other Los Angeles local photographers (and bloggers) were doing in their comment/caption section. Some photographers were making unique observations. Some bloggers were doing detailed reviews or directing followers to their websites to read write-ups. No one was posting interviews on Instagram (of course, someone reading this might tell me I’m totally wrong on this point). I decided that’s how I would differentiate myself. I haven’t been keeping count on how many of these I’ve done, but it looks like I’m heading towards 500 interviews over a 3 year time frame.




No comments:

Post a Comment