Monday, November 11, 2019

Old Towne Pub: Peg Leg Love

The last time I was at Old Towne Pub was way back in 2016 for the final year of Make Music Pasadena. The venue was never a favorite, but I used to go a handful of times a year. For some reason, it dropped off my radar for 3 plus years. Well, I got invited to catch Peg Leg Love and decided to accept the opportunity. When I got to Pasadena, I actually realized that I knew the general area where the venue was, but wasn't exactly sure which side street to head down. That's what happens after 3 plus years. Luckily, I could hear a band ending their set and so let the music lead me.

Peg Leg Love is one of those DIY bands that you can tell plays for the love of the craft. The focus throughout the set was on the music, which is what one would expect from a band that has been at it in different forms since 2005. Lead guitarist and vocalist Ilir provided that raw energy while bassist Christina gave out a nonchalant cool vibe. Rocio on drums made sure they kept the pace of their furious sounds. 

The set was to celebrate the release of their record The Funeral Empyre. The Pub crowd seemed to be packed with friends and family that were out to support the release.

After their set, I decided to head to - where else - King Taco.


No comments:

Post a Comment