Monday, September 16, 2019

Final Child at The Sayers Club and Veneer at The House of Machines

I got invited to see Final Child at The Sayers Club for her Til Death Do Us Part EP release on Thursday night. I eagerly accepted the invite. It wasn't well advertised so I'm thinking the night was set up for friends as the venue was nicely packed for her 30 minute set. Her pops sounds have a vibe to them that makes you want to groove. My favorite song is Pill on the Tongue where her vocals just take their time floating along with the music. Her fashion helped with that intent as her choice was to wear a fringe skirt that gave the illusion of her flying just above the stage floor.

Final Child
After Final Child's set ended, I decided to drive from Hollywood to the Art District. At The House of Machines, I caught Veneer. I first saw this band at Echo Park Rising and wanted to catch them again. I'm more convinced now that they're a throw back to Billy Joel. Maybe the keyboard play influences my thinking.

Veneer

So a 9:30 p.m. set at The Sayers Club followed by an 11:00 p.m. set at The House of Machines. I've got to say, it was a solid night of music. Then afterwards, I decided to cross the street and get a slice of pizza at Pizzanista! I had always walked out of The House of Machines and noticed that pizza shop. I finally decided to cross the street and get a slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment