Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Quick Hit Artist Interview: ZØYA

ZØYA at El Cid

Interview with the artist. Enjoy:

What do you find is currently influencing your music? My music influences are Lorde, Sia, Adele, Florence & the Machine, Lana Del Rey, Amy Winehouse and HAIM. I’ve recently started working on my second EP and I have to admit that production wise it’s going to sound completely different from my debut EP “Veracious Heart”. It’s going to be a lot darker yet slightly minimal in terms of the sound. I’ll be incorporating some bass, putting more focus on synths and adding electronic elements to it. Yet, having some organic instrumentation, plucky and tasteful kind of guitars and earthy sounds, if it makes any sense haha.

You mentioned you're from Belarus. What's the story behind how you ended up living in Los Angeles? Yes, I was born in Belarus, Eastern Europe and moved out to Columbus, OH when I was 11. Two years ago I decided to move out to LA to pursue my music thing.

Final thoughts: Some advice to aspiring artists/dreamers - Always stay true yourself. Know why you’re doing what you’re doing and don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and do the thing that you truly love.

No comments:

Post a Comment