Friday, October 26, 2018

The Hi Hat: The Silent Comedy with Mourners

Wow. The Silent Comedy. This band blew me away with their gospel rock. Like any good band inspired by gospel music, they had you stomping your feet to their music. And like any gospel inspired band, there were the banjo and mandolin. Their stage show with the banjo had me also thinking of fun summer nights at summer camp. My summer camp nights were spent around a camp fire with staff members who had musical talents playing songs that dated back decades (pre-rock/jazz back). And since those camps were out in the middle of no where, you could look up in the night sky and see the stars.

The Silent Comedy had me throughout their hour set. They also had the crowd from the start. Folks camped out in front of the stage as soon as they started to set up their gear. I'm pretty sure everyone left satisfied.

The Silent Comedy
Mourners opened up for The Silent Comedy. The lead singer had me briefly thinking about Johnny Depp in his various exaggerated roles -- Edward Scissorhands, various Pirates movies, etc. He might have spent more time messing with his hair versus playing music. "How's my hair?" "Your hair looks good."

Mourners had the comment of the night: That was my David Lee Roth scat at the end.

Mourners


No comments:

Post a Comment