Friday, September 1, 2017

Quick Hit Artist Interview: Chris Price

Chris Price at Chinatown Summer Nights
Q&A time with artist. Hope you enjoy:

How would you describe your sound? Very hard for me to describe my sound, because it really is all the things I love and have internalized thrown in a blender and interpreted the way I see, hear and feel them. My stuff obviously owes a debt to the classic pop sound of the '60s British Invasion bands, the confessional singer-songwriters of the early '70s and the power pop world, but I am also deeply in love with Brazillian music of all kinds, Soul music, English folk and other things that can't be so easily classified. I would pretty much say that my music sounds like me, and the things I love.

Do you find greater enjoyment writing a great song or performing a great song? Why the choice? I think I prefer writing because the fulfillment I get upon completing a new song is really unlike any other feeling in the world. It's euphoria times a thousand.

No comments:

Post a Comment