Sunday, January 23, 2022

Heading Out in 2022: Harvard & Stone and Permanent Records Roadhouse

It ended up that heading out to VIVA! Pomona would be my last time I did concert photography in 2021. As the new wave of COVID-19 hit Los Angeles, many venues shut down for a couple weeks. The urge to do some band photography took hold and off I went to Harvard & Stone on January 3rd. I went to catch  Friends Don't Die, a band that I consider to be one of my favorite bands that I saw for the first time in 2021. I just love their melodic sounds. Opening up for them was a band called Funds for Jimmy. They rocked it out. The sound guy loved them so much that he requested that they play an encore.


Funds for Jimmy

Friends Don't Die

Then later that week on January 7th, I went off to Permanent Records Roadhouse to catch GospelbeacH. That led to one of those amusing moments for me. Billy Tibballs and Uni Boys played their 60s / 70s rock sounds. Then I stood around playing around on my smart phone waiting for GospelbeacH to hit the stage. The band wasn't setting up their gear. I decided to go check out some used records and then went back to see if they were about to hit the stage. Instead, I noticed that the drum set was being packed up. Oh, it hit me that GospelbeacH was the first band up that night and I'd missed them.


Billy Tibballs

Uni Boys

No comments:

Post a Comment