Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Quick Hit Artist Interview: Trans Van Santos

Trans Van Santos
Interview with the artist:

How would you describe your sound? I have always had a hard time with that, but a label once told me, "you are too psychedelic for the folk scene, too folky for the psych scene and too good for the jam band scene.." I sometimes call it Americalia or Acid Gospel or New American Devotional.

Is there a story behind when you knew you wanted to become a musician/singer? 18 years old, strung out on meth. I spent 10 hours trying to play Guns and Roses' "Sweet Child of Mine" and decided to quit meth and get strung out on music.

P.S. I was backed up that night (Echoplex show) by Seth Ford Young of The Magnetic Zeroes, Mark Laughlin of Dead Meadow, Matt Adams of the Blank Tapes and singer Sol Ange.

No comments:

Post a Comment