Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Quick Hit Artist Interview: VIAA

VIAA at the Bootleg Theater

Q&A time with the artist. Hope you enjoy:

How would you describe your sound? I'd love to know how YOU would describe my sound! But I would describe my sound as indie pop r&b, it's a little bit retro because I'm really drawn to 80's/early 90's music. It's kind of escapism music-even though some topics I write are serious/somber, the music is fun - so it's a juxtaposition of dark and light.

You gave some personal stories before some of your songs. What is your favorite song lyric and what about it makes it so special? The lyrics I connect with the most are probably from the chorus of my song "Shooting in the Dark" from my forthcoming EP. They go: "Feel like I'm shooting in the dark, I don't know what's right or wrong. Don't wanna lose another one, I just wanna be loved". Those lyrics are just real for me-I have a hard time letting my walls down with people (consciously and subconsciously), but at the end of the day, I just wanna feel accepted and loved for who I am despite my seemingly hard exterior. I'm sensitive lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment