Saturday, April 15, 2017

Quick Hit Band Interview: Ugly Sweaters


Ugly Sweaters at Broke LA

Q&A time with Mandla from the band. Hope you enjoy:

How would you describe your sound? We describe our sound as Caffeine Rock, it isn't heavy but it requires some pep in your step. We want people to have fun watching us, and hope that our energy feeds the crowd. It's hard to find a genuinely entertaining live indie band in Los Angeles, we try to fill that void.

What’s the story behind how your band started? The story behind our band is as follows: I, Mandla, grew up in rural Zimbabwe and dreamed of moving to a big city. When I say rural I mean rural: outdoor toilets, thatched roofs, no hot water, mambas etc. When I got the opportunity to move to the USA to live permanently I jumped on it. I came as a student to study music and through different projects and connections I met the rest of the band. They liked the songs I was writing and decided to join in!

Own Q&A. Favorite part of an Ugly Sweaters show? When we jump up and down and people watching start jumping up and down too.

No comments:

Post a Comment