Sunday, April 23, 2017

Quick Hit Band Interview: Earthsleep

Earthsleep at The Whisky a Go Go

Q&A time with the band via girlwolf. Hope you enjoy:

How would you describe your sound? We have sporadic melodic and grungy riffs tied together with dynamic bridges and heavy sections all pieced together in a progressive and adventurous structure. The intent is the journey. The only rule we give ourselves is artistic integrity. We aren't attempting to make a copy of a copy. We know what we want to say. And how we want to say it. We are not open to suggestion. This music is heavily introspective.

Is there a story behind when you knew you wanted to become a musician/singer? I, girlwolf, have believed I was a singer since I can remember. I was a child rewinding the songs on Disney tapes, attempting to match pitch. I have been at it ever since. Although, Earthsleep is my first band. I had never met someone who could write the way I would want to write, until Jonathan Bouknight of course. His brain has gotta be part of mine or something.

Own Q&As. How did Jonathan and I meet? Craigslist. What is Jonathan's nickname for me? Tyler Durden because he thinks he might be imagining me. I think I'm real though.

No comments:

Post a Comment