Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Quick Hit Artist Interview: Liv Slingerland

Liv Slingerland at The Echo (LA)
Q&A with the artist. Read and enjoy!

How would you describe your sound? I’d describe my sound as alternative rock. I’ve always loved classic rock and pop rock. A few bands that were my favorites growing up and are still my favorites to this day are Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and The Pretenders.

What inspires you to write/compose your songs? My inspiration for songwriting usually comes from wanting to work through an experience, situation, or set of feelings taking place in my life at the time of the writing. Often my songs will stem from a small idea or emotion and I will end up adding to those bits by drawing from both real life and imagined imagery and experiences depending on what chords, melodies, and lyrics come to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment